Wednesday, March 27, 2013

* Unique Call for Submissions *


Those of us of a certain age surely remember Carly Simon's hit "Anticipation" from 1971. Although I loved the song, I never knew if it was written about anyone or anything in particular, until just this morning. I looked at Carly's official website and here's what it said: ...was written by Carly while she was waiting for Cat Stevens to pick her up for a date. How cool is that? (I want to remember that from now on, and not think of the Heinz Ketchup commercial from the late 1970's.)  K

Okay...you're probably wondering what does all that have to do with a "Unique Call for Submissions."

Becky Haigler of Silver Boomer Books recently reminded me of the current call for submissions for their anthology about.....Waiting, which I think is a very unique subject for an anthology! The working title as of now is: Longest Hours -- thoughts while waiting.


Becky also said ".....we have a lot of submissions about hospital waiting rooms and hospice situations and are needing some more light items about waiting to balance the collection. A well-written light piece will actually have a better chance of being included." And although the website says the deadline is April 15th, she said through the end of April is okay.

I actually have a couple of different occasions I could write about for this. Now, if I can just find the time. (I'm still packing!)

Be sure to read all of the Guidelines before submitting. Good luck to everyone!




14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great story and unique submission opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you do find the time - your humour always cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lead, Becky. I will start thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a light story; I will see if I can get it to come out right.

    Becky this one showed up just fine on my blog list.

    Hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the referral, Becky. And I like the new blog look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an unusual submissions request! Thanks for the tip. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the submission opportunity, Becky. Must be something in the air because my next blog post is going to be on anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun contest. But I'm down with the flu. Had to interrupt my packing. So don't know when I'll finally move. I admire you're attitude about moving (previous blog entry). I look forward to the change too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. And I LOVE Carly! I still listen to her music. I did know that bit of trivia about Cat Stevens---and did you know that "You're So Vain" was (supposedly) written about Warren Beatty? Not sure if that one was ever confirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't know that I'll have time for this. Have another that takes priority and that's if I can get to it with all this homework!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the guidelines - and it's tempting! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, Becky, I didn't know you were moving! Sounds like a very busy and exciting time for you.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info! I'd like to advantage of this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you know I am not a writer, I just love to read. Talking about reading, do you know when your memoir will be published? I would love to read it, so keep us posted.

    Your new blog look is very Springy, and believe you, me, I am ready for Spring. I don't want to see anymore snow until next January 2014.

    I hope your move is smooth sailing and you can set and relax and smile at the beautiful spring moon soon. ; )

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.