Friday, July 24, 2015

* CARRIE ANN LAHAIN - AUTHOR, READER, REVIEWER *

Looking for a good book to read? Or maybe to add to your already huge stack of "to be read" books? Keep reading and you'll find out where to read tons of reviews that might help you decide.

I don't remember how I found Carrie Ann Lahain (you know, the usual web searching, blog hopping, etc. and then I have no idea how I got there?) I love her statement at the top of her site: Because Good Writers Read!


Carrie is both a writer, a voracious reader, and sometimes gives book reviews. I'm very grateful that she agreed to read my memoir, From Pigtails to Chin Hairs: A Memoir & More. Her review is posted on Amazon, other websites, and it's highlighted today on her website here:

One of the things I really enjoyed about her review was how she "got it", how she grasped what I wrote about my relationships with my mother and my oldest sister.

Carrie stated she's slowing down on review request acceptances because she has SO many already, but you can check out her website and read the requirements.

Thank you again, Carrie, for sharing your thoughts about my memoir.




"Keep in mind that the person to write for is yourself. Tell the story that you most desperately want to read." -
Susan Isaacs

 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Congrats, Becky!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to have no more temptation waved in my weak-willed way. But I have read (and reread) your memoir. For which I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.