Tuesday, October 2, 2018

* Black & White Memories *


This is one of my favorite photos among all the boxes of old prints!


It's my brother Mike and me, standing on our front porch steps. 
I think it might have been after he got home from his first day at school. 
Whether the first day or not, he's holding his red barn lunch bucket
 and his satchel and I'm hugging him. Awww...
(this photo was included in my memoir, too)

I thought I'd post it tonight because I've been searching for the actual print, 
which I haven't been able to find...but was able to print
 one from a digital one on my laptop. 

Thank goodness I took a photo of a photo!

I also decided to post it because Mike's birthday was September 29th. 
He was "X" years old, which is only 15 months older than me!

How time flies. I find myself thinking of old, happy memories more and more. 
I'm sure glad it's the happy ones I remember the most. And when sad ones pop 
into my head, I immediately "change the subject" of my mind!

&

Lastly, a new favorite poem that suits me well. 


Have a fabulous rest of the week!

10 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo of you and your brother. I love the poem too and plan to print that out and stick it on my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi River! Glad you like the photo! And that's a great idea to print the poem and hang it where you'll see it often! Think I'll do the same :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that you had the photo of the photo of that precious moment.
    And wish I had your skill in changing my mind set.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! I'm sure glad I had the photo of the photo, too! And as far as changing my mind set...I don't find it that easy, either.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful old photo...I love the black and whites. There is so much more emotion in them. The poem....perfection. Yes indeed..I made it...I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Osc! That's true about the B&W photos...more emotion in them. Are you familiar with the photographer Vivian Maier? If not, please look her up. Her photographs are amazing!! And such an amazing story about her. And I'm glad you are still here, too! :)

      Delete
  4. That's such a sweet photo, Becky. Cheers to happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEEEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOO Becky! How good to see you, girl! Wow. I recognized the photo from your memoir! So much has happened since I last saw you. Did you know my dear heart hubby, Grant has been gone these past ten months? So good to see you. Bless. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeeelllllooooooo dear JO! I am SO sorry to learn about Grant. I had no idea. I've just not kept up with blogs at all anymore. I will write you an email as soon as I can. Love and hugs....

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.