Sunday, December 16, 2018

* NINE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS?! *

Yes, Virginia there IS a Santa Claus....and yes, Becky is still alive and kicking! 😉

My 5 talks at the assisted living centers became only 3; I missed one because of illness, and the other was cancelled due to a large snowstorm we had.

I was a bit rusty in talking, but it seemed to go well. People laughed and smiled at the proper times.

I brought door prizes, print-outs of helpful online sites for writers, and lots of books to sell.

I sold Five Books 😞

Oh well... it was a great experience and I met some wonderful people. That's a gift in itself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have I mentioned that Ron and I are moving again?? In August, we bought a used double-wide mobile home in a lake community and hope to actually move in next month! It was a mess and we're totally rehabbing it and it will be like a brand new home. If I'd never seen some of those make-over shows on HGTV, I would've never agreed to buy it. It was that bad! I'll share some before and after photos after we've moved in!

I'm not sending snail mail Christmas cards this year...first time in over half my life, but I just couldn't find the time or energy to do them. So, please don't think I've forgotten you, I wish all of you a


Very Merry Christmas!




May 2019 be a year of good health
 & happiness for us all!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for those lovely wishes - which I hope and trust will be true for you and Ron too.
    Moving again? And rehabbing your new home? You are a brave, brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thank you for your well wishes. I wouldn't say I'm a brave woman...maybe a crazy one. Ha! We've been moving into different rentals for the past 5 years and we're both looking SO forward to living in our own home.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, Becky-O!, and a blessed 2019.

    ~ D-FensDogG @ Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! It's Stephen T. I'm always so happy to see your name in my comments. I'm planning on spending less and less time on Facebook, and more on blogging...at least, that's the plan :)
      And if I do, I'll be able to hop around blogland and visit all my pals again. I do miss it. Thanks for the well wishes!

      Delete
  3. Wow, a new home! New to you anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing those photos. I'm not sending many cards this year either, just one to my sister and if I don't post it by t0omorrow, she won't get it in time. I keep forgetting to pick it up on my way out the door.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi River! Thank you for your well wishes! I can relate to forgetting to mail things. I do it all the time, even if I manage to put it in my purse! :)

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and Ron, and good luck in your new makeover. My daughter did that years ago and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! So good to see you and thanks for your well wishes. That's cool about your daughter. I don't think I ever heard about that. I'd love to see her pictures, too :)

      Delete
  5. Nine days to Christmas...officially time to panic. All the best of luck for your move and reno. Been there so can commisserate. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Only Slightly Confused! Thanks for your well wishes. I can't wait to move in! Merry Christmas to you, too!

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.