Tuesday, October 20, 2009

** Joy & Happiness Come From Many Places **

First of all.....Happy Birthday to my youngest son, Mark!!! I can't believe you are 22 years old!! You have brought an abundance of joy and happiness into my life!!

I would have to say that the fall foliage has reached its peak today! The colors are absolutely heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, positively scrumptious!! (That reminds me. How many of you have seen the movie," Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" (?) The leading lady's character name was Truly Scrumptious! I always thought that was hilarious, but also sweet and so perfect for the film. When the opportunity arises for me to refer to something with those words, I usually must break into song!

Last night when I received the acceptance e-mail for my Thin Threads story, it couldn't have come at a better time. I had been feeling pretty "untalented" as a writer!! I had received a fairly negative critique from a writer/editor on some of my writing, then I read a contest-winning story and I thought it was SO much better than anything I've ever written, at anytime....so my acceptance news couldn't have come at a better time!!

As I was driving around this afternoon, enjoying the beauty of the trees and bushes; and not to mention having the difficult chore of keeping my eyes on the road, a thought came to me. Would I have noticed today's stunning display as much if I hadn't received the acceptance e-mail last night? I really can't say... Probably not. I certainly would have noticed the gorgeous colors, but maybe just a tad less.

5 comments:

  1. It IS such a beautiful day today! Happy birthday to your son. It's my grandson's birthday today also. Michael is 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Rejection and criticism are not my favorite companions.

    Then along comes that glimmer of validation. Someone says "Yes! We like what you wrote."

    Makes it all worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Boy I knew you were taltented, but this is more then I ever expected. I always knew God gave us talent I am sure glad you are using and enjoying yours!
    Your neigbor,

    Deborah C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deborah, thanks so much for leaving such a wonderful comment! I really appreciate it! I'm so glad we are not only neighbors.....but good friends,too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.