Tuesday, January 26, 2010

** Various Thoughts on a Cold Tuesday Night **

* I've had some really strange dreams lately. I seem to go through stages of consecutive nights of dreams that just wear me out & I wake up exhausted! And that's not good, considering I only sleep about 5 hours most of the time. These dreams aren't nightmares by any means, they just consist of weird events which semi -pertain to my past or present life; with people that I know or have known, etc. The strangest part about the last two nights' dreams is that they were kind of connected.......a "to be continued" kind of dream. I'm almost afraid to go to sleep tonight! Maybe I'll blog a little longer and then get back to writing my book...and see how long I can stay awake!

* Yesterday in the midst of doing a few errands, I realized I was getting a flat tire. I had to drive to the nearest tire place and get it patched. Although I was slightly aggravated for the time I lost, I was so grateful it didn't go completely flat somewhere in traffic! It was so cold and windy, it would've been quite ghastly, dahhhhling!

* My brother and sister-in-law live in northern Iowa and have been having a brutal winter....worse than usual, which is pretty bad! I received an e-mail from Alice today, saying that she and my brother were both off work today due to the weather. They live in a very small town and many things are within walking distance, but they've had snow, blowing winds, a bit of a thaw, and then refreezing, so many places were closed for the day. She said they read the funniest, most ironic piece of news on their local cable channel: "The Cabin Fever Open House at The Library is Cancelled."

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." -- Herm Albright

9 comments:

  1. To be continued dreams--that does sound a bit unusual. I used to hate it when I watched a TV show as a kid and it would end with "To Be Continued." The canceled event at the library news made me laugh out loud! HA HA! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you have a sleep problem too? So many folks I know are not sleeping well...my own sleep is a disaster! Why?...is this related to aging? I know lack of sleep IS aging me. I blame several things including a build up of caffeine-although I have none after noon time. I even blame a new mattress of a couple of years ago--I think it is hotter than my old one!

    And the dreams...I had strange dreams this week where I "wrote" all night long-but I was asleep. I dreamed of a blank page, saw myself name characters and choose words. It would start and stop all night long...I wrote it all down in the mornning while I remembered it.

    Maybe you and I have toooo many words in our days, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daisy! I had those same feelings when I was a kid! How horrible to wait an entire week to see how the show would end! :)
    And I automatically thought of you about the library non-event! Isn't that hilarious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claudia! I wouldn't say I have a sleep problem...it's more of just no particular pattern! I've always been a low energy person. I took naps a lot even as a teenager. I still can't live without them! When I worked full-time (outside the home!), I would come home after work and just about collapse!
    I think now, too, part of it is definitely all those words circling and doing flip flops in my brain! At the moment, I don't remember a dream from last night...but if I do, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a cold one yesterday for sure...a hold on to your hat kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first paragraph made me smile, since I have been having close to the same experience. I woke this morning after having a dream that involved people I was close to 20 years ago, but it took place in the present day. Very weird. I'm taking it as a sign that I need to revisit those memories and write something about them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Pat! I can just picture the cartoon of a large cloud, with a menacing face on it....blowing at all of us, trying to knock us down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janel. Great idea! I always say I can't write fiction, but my dreams could be great fodder for fiction....or even science fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Everyone! I find it really interesting that in all the comments I've gotten on this, no one has mentioned my semi-flat tire incident! I guess that's because it was only a "semi"?
    :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.