Tuesday, January 26, 2010

** A Day of Weather Potpourri **

Weather Today: A Lovely Medley




Today's weather consisted of quite a variety of conditions. When I first got up, there was a dusting of snow on our deck. It was the odd, tiny pellet, weightless kind. Off and on during the morning, the sun peaked out and then hid behind clouds, all the while, large snow flurries swirled in every direction. The wind was cold and sharp and almost took my breath away a time or two when I let Tiger out the patio door. By afternoon, the snow had melted from the deck, the sun was out in all its brilliance, and Tiger layed outside on the driveway, but for just a little while though, because the temperature was still way too low.

All of this reminded me of the picture I took of her last year, basking in a sun ray. Her body was on the family room carpet, and her nose was on the kitchen floor. Voile' Here is that picture! It was taken almost exactly a year ago, and certainly fits right in with today's blog.


“Today a new sun rises for me; everything lives, everything is animated, everything seems to speak to me of my passion, everything invites me to cherish it” -- Ninon de Lenclos

14 comments:

  1. At least you got a little bit of sunshine :) We had all of the flurries and none of the sunshine.

    My Cooper looks pretty much the same as Tiger right now. However, Coop likes to lay on the linoleum of the kitchen and use the carpet in the hallway as a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture! That is exactly what I wanted to do today, too--lie in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiger looks so happy! That is the way sun makes me feel. Ever get right down there with him in the sun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janel! I'm sorry you weren't gifted with some sunhine today. It sure lifted my spirits! That's funny about our dogs! Recently I made Tiger a little "bed" in her favorite sleeping area. It's against one of the walls in the family room. I put a couple of old quilt-like blankets on top of the carpeted floor and also gave her an old throw pillow for her head. She really loves it, and looks so cute sleeping on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely was a brrrrr-cold day, but the bit of sunshine made me perk up considerably!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy! Thanks for commenting! Me, too about the sunshine! Yesterday, when I got so excited over a smidgen of blue sky, I looked up and reminded myself of the feeling of warm sun on my face. It "felt" really warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Claudia! Yes, I get right down on the floor many times with my Tiger. BTW, her name should really be "Tigress" since she's a girl! Don't feel bad! It's a common mistake, because of her name! I snuggle with her as often as she'll let me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat! Thanks! You got that right about the brrrr! And, wow...how wonderful to see the sun! Made me think of the old Beatles/George Harrison song "Here Comes the Sun".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky,
    Love the photo--and I was happy to see the sun briefly today.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Donna! Yep, I kinda love that photo, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a little sun and warmer temperatures over the weekend, but the last three days it has gone back to being gray and cold. It is only 12 degrees here today. Brrrr!

    Love the picture of Tiger! Animals know how to look for the good in everything, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Daisy! I'm sorry you have gloomy and cold weather again...still?? I find it so unbelievable that it appears we'll be missing the snow in the forecast, because we'll be driving NORTH!? At least, that's what I heard last night.....a "big" snow storm south of us!
    Glad you like the picture of Tiger! Yes, many animals are so precious to us humans!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo. Your hairy kid looks quite content! We've got two pups (lots of Lab and a little something else)and my oldest daughter recently adopted a miniature Dachshund. We also have two cats. Yes, we have hair EVERYWHERE. No, we don't care. The love we receive more than makes up for the shedding. I'll be looking for more blog input from Tiger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa! You are hilarious! Loved your comment about my "hairy kid"!! I'm with you, too....I don't care about the mountains of hair that she sheds. How lonely our house would be without all those "dust doggies" :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.