Sunday, March 21, 2010

*Creativity & Lies -- Is It Politics or Is It Memorex?*

Thanks to the lovely Lisa Ricard Claro for bestowing upon me the "Creative Writer" Blogger Award. As I understand it, this great honor is a license to be creative which, as all writers know, can sometimes lead to outrageous lies! (Think of those recent infamous "memoirs")

( I was kind of dreading this "award", but I had a blast and hope everyone else will, too! )

Rules of acceptance require me to list up to seven wild and wacky little known facts about myself, at least one of which must be true. It's then up to you, the reader, to decide for yourself which, if any, of the facts below are crazy truths or creative fiction.

1) I've always been fascinated with airplanes. One day when riding my bike home from school, I heard a "funny" engine noise up above. While concentrating so much on watching the bi-plane, I rode my bike right down into a concrete rain ditch.....and only got one scratch near my eye. I have the scar to prove it!

2) Speaking of airplanes....I've flown across the Atlantic Ocean more than 5 times.

3) I graduated Sumo Cum Lardo Wrestler from HACC. (Harvard Area Community College)

4) I can whistle through my fingers.

5) After the birth of my first son, and weeks of semi-recuperating, I was forced to sign papers stating I wasn't holding the hospital or any of the doctors, etc. accountable...blah, blah, blah....

6) I once rode in an elevator that was going up so fast I was thrown down to the floor with 3 other people.

7) I've only fainted once in my life and that incident involved a crowbar.

Hey...this was way more fun than I thought it would be! I didn't think I could come up with any non-truths, but I did and it was a great writing exercise!

*Okay, here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave this to you. (Thanks, Lisa!)
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to 6 outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth. (The key here is the "up to" and the "at least." Some people are just born liars!)
5. Nominate up to seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on the "up to" seven blogs you nominate, letting them know you nominated them.

I nominate Tammy, Karrie, Janel, and Daisy. I know all of you will do fabulously! I can't wait to read all of them! I'm off now to leave my comment on your blogs.

"Most writers regard the truth as their most valuable possession, and therefore are most economical in its use." -- Mark Twain

13 comments:

  1. Sumo Cum Lardo...HA HA!! I knew you'd be great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post, Becky. Very cute! So when are you going to reveal which are truths and which are lies? Or will you just leave us wondering forever? HA HA!

    Thank you for choosing me to play along. I'll have to see what I can come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these! Especially Sumo Cum Lardo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again, Lisa, for sending me the award! It was a great writing experience and you knew better than I did about my ability!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daisy! Well, I guess first of all, you're supposed to guess which ones are which...and I'll reveal them later! :)
    And I know you'll be great at this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Tam! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I will definitely have fun with this! Can't wait to see which one is true for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to guess that #1, #2, and #4 are true and the rest are false.

    I'm going out on a limb about that "Sumo Cum Lardo Wrestler" one. HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janel & Daisy! I know you both will write some great stuff on yours, and I guess I'll tell you now which is true and false. I should've done a little more thinking to come up with some real Doozies, because mine were pretty easy! Yes, Number 3 is False! I never even went to HACC!! And Number 6 is False. All the rest are true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an exciting life you lead, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's just the tip of the old iceburg, too, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun, funny and a good laugh on a rainy day. Check out mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda! I was ahead of ya! I read yours before you mentioned it! Very funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.