Thursday, March 18, 2010

** Reading, Writing and Dancing! **

While I was sick the past 2 weeks, every single piece of paper, junk mail, bills, magazines, and coupons that arrived in my snail mail, have apparently been busy multiplying! Don't you just hate it when that happens? Oh well, I know what's really important in my life and my priorities are firmly set. Writing comes first! Along with the "actually typing of words on my laptop" kind of writing, I've discovered there are different ways of writing. I love to browse through various "helpful" and "how to" books, some of which I recently picked up at the library. Other times, I'll read something online that really makes me stop and think, Wow! I never thought of that!

* If I wrote today, but deleted most of it, I still wrote!
* If I had zillions of ideas, but only got as far as jotting down notes, I still wrote!
* If I edited some of my writing, I still wrote!

Somewhere, I also read practice saying outloud, "I am a writer."
Say it while sitting in your chair. Say it while walking around the room.
I've chosen to sing it opera-style, while I dance around the room!

Whatever you do today, take care of your self!!

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Jim Rohn

13 comments:

  1. I really must get into a better routine. I've been trying to write on my lunch hour but sometimes it simply doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, your enthusiam is contagious. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat! Even though I don't work outside the home, I really can't seem to get any kind of a writing routine, either. But see, I've decided that I don't HAVE to. I just write when it really hits me, otherwise I'm just wasting my time trying to force it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Linda! It's great that we all help keep each other enthused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I feel the same way about writing. Maybe we should rephrase it as making progress instead of writing. If you have made progress toward that end goal of writing, then you win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Becky! Loved your quotation today! So very true. Thanks for your post. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky, you sound like Apolo Ohno! In an interview he said that at the end of the day he asks himself, "Did I do everything possible today that I could do to work toward my goal? If the answer is yes, then no matter how little I actually achieved, the day was a success." I don't know if he sings arias and dances, though. Although I'd like to see him do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear you are making progress, Becky. It is true, sometimes we have to take two steps back before we can make three steps forward, but it is still progress. Keep on writing, and keep on dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lisa! How cool...no, I didn't know about that particular quote from Apolo! (yes, he and I are on a first name basis, but alas...I haven't heard ALL of his quotes!!)And, I didn't come up with that, remember? I read it in a book. I'd definitely love to hear him sing and dance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Daisy! Yeah, it's kind of how life, in general, works, isn't it?! I'll definitely keep on dancing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, do I ever know about that mail pile! Could relate to all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Tam! Hey, do you think if I through some one dollar bills on top of it, they would also start to multiply??!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.