Wednesday, April 14, 2010

** No Time for Sergeants **

I chose this title because I don't have much time to blog this morning, and it just popped into my head! How many of you have seen the 1958 comedy starring Andy Griffith? From a partial review on Amazon: "Griffith plays a hillbilly who is drafted into the army where, among other things, he has to wear shoes regularly for the first time. Griffith brings an engaging glee to the role of this likable bumpkin, whose happy-go-lucky demeanor is impervious to insult. Ask him to clean the latrines and he rigs the toilet seats to stand up and salute." Don Knotts had a supporting role and two years later, he and Andy starred in The Andy Griffith Show. (I think it's pretty obvious where the idea for Gomer Pyle, USMC came from!)

Ah....but I digress......Here's my brief morning bulletin of Writer Stuff :

The latest newsletter from Poets & Writers Literary Magazine has tons of cool information in it, but I particularly liked what I found about submitting to various magazines....495 various magazines, that is! If you can't find a venue there to submit your writing to....then....I got no time for ya!!

"Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." -- James Leo Herlihy

14 comments:

  1. Great tip Becky! I am definitely going to check that out!

    Hugs and Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see the move quite some time ago and still watch reruns of the Andy Griffith television show. A classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I am in a TV watching mood and nothing else interests me I watch the old reruns of The Andy Griffith Show. But really not in the viewing mood lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love Andy Griffith and grew up watching his show, so I am going tohave to find and watch this movie. Thank you so much for taking the time to share all these great marketing finds for us aspiring writers! I'm gonna check it out!

    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the information! P.S.: I am now whistling the Andy Griffith song. See what you did?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Becky. Wrote down that Literary Magazine for future reference. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do remember that movie. It was a good one. Thank you for the link, Becky! Love the quote for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Jenny! Hugs and Happy Thursday back at ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pat! Yes, I've seen the movie a few times, but it's been a long time ago. I love the old Andy Griffith Show, but only the black and white episodes, that include Barney Fife in them! After he left, it wasn't worth watching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ann! I'm sorry you haven't been in the TV viewing mood lately. Nothing can cheer me up faster than a good old comedy. I hope you're experiencing beautiful weather, like we are here in Missouri. That certainly is making me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia! Glad you like ol' Andy, too! The movie is pretty corny in today's standards, but that doesn't bother me. In fact, I guess I'm kind of a corny gal! Oh oh...look out, I may just break into song here...!! :o

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tam! Oh yeah...who can't resist whistling that tune??!! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan! Yes, be sure and go through those, whenever you have one of those "spare minutes" I was handing out recently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Daisy! Thanks...for everything! I'm glad you mention the quotes when you particularly like them.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.