Tuesday, July 13, 2010

** It's Another Tea Cup, Tea Time Tuesday! **

It's another Tuesday, and I have another pretty tea cup I'd like to share. I'm joining Lady Katherine at Tea Time Tuesday, and also Martha and Terri at their Tea Cup Tuesday. I bought this one at the Antique Mall near my home, the same day I got the one I posted last week. Remember the one with the pretty yellow and gold flowers, with the Kresge price tag still on it?! I don't remember exactly what I paid for this one, but I know it wasn't more than $5.00.


This one really caught my eye, for various reasons. I love the tiny and delicate pink roses, the decorative gold scroll design along the top of the cup, and I particularly love the "double" handle! I thought it was so unique.



This picture is slightly blurry. My apologies! My camera doesn't take very good close-ups, but I wanted to show the double handle.


In this photo, you can see the tiny gold line inside the tea cup. Another delicate touch!




The plate also has gold around the edge, which is slightly scalloped.


The cup is very lightweight and translucent in the upper part.
The saucer is quite a bit heavier.
There are no markings on either piece.



This cute little book is one of five I bought at Dollar Tree a couple of months ago. I've just been saving them for upcoming gifts I might need.....OR.... for a Blog Give-Away!.....stay tuned!

I hope you enjoyed taking a peak at one of my bargain purchases!

"Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage." ~Catherine Douzel

22 comments:

  1. Makes me want a cup of peppermint tea!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cup with two handles!.. that is such a unique and rare teacup I ever see.. precious and lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is soooo pretty. Makes you feel all "girly" doesn't it? I love the double handles. I know I have some pretty tea cups packed away. I think I will go dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful teacup, and sweet book too :) Happy Teacup Tuesday!

    Warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I like the double handle too, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the this teacup! What a great price for such a lovely rose, scrolled pattern! The double handle is so wonderful! I love the saucer! Just adore the the little book! It looks great with the lovely teacup! Thank you for joining me again for Tea Time Tuesday! I just loved seeing your wonderful Teacup find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a dainty little cup. Love that double handle! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi: I have never seen a double handled cup. It is so beautiful, very dainty. Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful and dainty.I love the "double" handle!
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful tea cup and I can't say that I ever saw one with a double handle!! How unique!!
    I love how that cute little book matches your tea cup today!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a really lovely tea cup! I have not seen a double handle before. Did you say who it was made by? I must have missed that.
    Thank you for sharing with us today.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cup and saucer and I have never seen a handle like that before either, it makes it very unique and special. I also loved the filigree gold work, very elegant!
    Have a wonderful week...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The double handle is unique - very pretty - and don't forget to stop and have some tea and relaxation as well. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm surprised you didn't mention that the cup matches the teapot on the book cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Everyone! Thank you ALL so much! I'm sorry I can't reply to each and every one of you at the moment, but believe me, it means a great deal to me, when people take the time to stop by and leave a comment! Today, I've been more into my "writing mode", which is a very good thing...or else I will never get my book completed! Never fear, though, I certainly cannot give up participating in Tea Cup Tuesdays!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have a beautiful tea cup. the colors are singing to me to say i'm beautiful. have a good evening

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teacups and teapots are so darn friendly, aren't they? This is lovely; don't think I've ever seen one with double handles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, thanks Rose and Lisa! What sweet commments!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such an exquisite teacup. I've never seen anything like that double handle before. It's unique and beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becky, this cup is very beautiful. I really like the photo of the light showing through it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Appleshoe! Thanks so much!!

    Hey Kathy! Thanks! I really liked that picture, too! I think that cup is the only one I have that is so delicate and lightweight.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a beautiful teacup. I really like the gold detail and that unusual double handle. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.