Tuesday, September 7, 2010

** It's Tuesday & I'm Confused! **

As usual, when a holiday lands on a Monday, I'm really messed up the rest of the week. I'm sure that happens to many people, but I just thought I'd throw that little tidbit in, to begin this evening's post.....which is going to be a short one. (I totally forgot about Tea Cup Tuesday, but at least I remembered Coffee & Critique today!)

I didn't get much sleep last night, but not because of any aches, pains or Tiger issues! No, it was because after reading and commenting on blogs, replying to e-mails, and writing some in my book, my mind wasn't ready to shut down. I kept thinking about some of the things I'd just finished writing in my book and what the next few chapters will be, and what photos I want to include, etc.etc. It's hard to hang that "Be Back Tomorrow" sign when I'm not really ready to quit. The mind was willing, but the body wasn't!

One more thing: I stopped by our local Big Lots today. I hadn't been there in years, but I keep reading about all the wonderful decorating items some of my blog buddies find there....And find things, I did. Cha-ching! But, gosh, how could I pass up such fabulous bargains?! My most exciting "find" was the six hardcover books I bought that were only $3.00 each! I'll list them tomorrow and am considering maybe using one or more of them for my September Contest! Bet'cha thought I forgot about that, huh?!

Nighty Night Y'all. I'm going to bed early tonight, so I can begin to read one of my fabulous finds!


(photo courtesy capitolhillbooks - NOT my bath room, OR Big Lots!)

"Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say." ~ Sharon O'Brien

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for including the photo of your bathroom. Geez! I thought I had a wide variety of books and magazines in MY bathroom, but you have me beat!

    How many more chapters do you have to write, do you think? What are some topics/stories you have still to write about?

    (I found where you got your Blogger Blackberry and snagged one for myself, hence my quick response to your posting.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokers, Becky. Are all those books in Big Lots? Ours doesn't have nearly that kind of collection.

    What kind of decorations did you find?

    Take care. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...Ha Ha you two! Notice I posted some additonal info underneath the photo of books! :D

    Susan, I found some lovely fall decorations. Will probably post photos at a later time! I REALLY am going to bed now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I've been buying all of my books on the Kindle. Never thought I'd be saying that!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice try, Becky. However, I've been in your bathroom (read "Bridges of Madison County" from beginning to end in one, uh, sitting while I was there)so don't try to give credit to some other source. Are you worried we'll develop book envy? Are you trying to avoid being responsible for us shorting out our computers because we are drooling over our keyboards as we imagine the sheer pleasure of having all those books?

    Don't be ashamed. Stand up and be counted as a bookaholic, because goodness knows your books are too numerous to be counted.

    Sleep well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monday holidays throw me out to. LOL.

    Ooo . . .I love bargains. $3.00?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Big Lots too and have found great bed pillows there. Books, well I usually read three at a time, but I never have ENOUGH time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate it when my brain won't shut down for the night. I now keep a battery powered glow stick and notebooks next to my bed. Sometimes "dumping" all of those thoughts clanging around in my head will settle them down enough for me to get to sleep. Sometimes . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky,

    I hope that you got a good night's sleep after all that you got accomplished!

    I love getting new books for a good price like that too. You don't have to worry so much if it turns out to be not very good and read ones that you may not have chosen if it cost a lot. I just bought 5 at the grocery store for $1.99 each.

    You have so much energy these days!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky!
    Hard to resist a great book bargain.I know I can't! And even with a big old house, I'm running out of room, so thank goodness for the library. We're so small, I actually get to choose lots of adult fiction! I live for Publishers Weekly and Library Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many books, so little time. I ended staying up late last night myself. Read blogs, posted, then read a book and could not put it down until my eyes were blurring. Sigh...then I slept too late. Not a good start to the day. I'm confused also... but then that's not all that unusual these days. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although we haven't had a holiday on Monday here in England, my mind is still confused for some odd reason - today I went to school and was shocked when I learnt it was Wednesday, not Thursday as I had thought! Willing the weekend, I suppose...

    And I can empathise with your sleeping problems. I'm finding it harder and harder to get to sleep every night. My mind is too active, and gets more active at night time. Oh well. I hope you get some good sleep tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that quote.

    I actually worked on my book on my lunch hour. I actually took a lunch hour for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a favorite spot for buying second hand books, rare books, bargain books, too. It's called the Bibliobarn and it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's always crowded. Always nice to rub elbows with book lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monday holidays always mix up the days in my week too, Becky. Sounds like the writing is going well. It's good when it is calling you. That means it is flowing for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear you. I'm *still* confused. But those book bargains sound like you haven't stayed confused long. Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clara Gillow Clark's comment reminded me of a bookstore Barbara Hodges and I went to; we were attending a conference in Portland, Oregon, and heard about Powell's. It's a 4-story bookstore, and even sells used books. It was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clara Gillow Clark's comment reminded me of a bookstore Barbara Hodges and I went to; we were attending a conference in Portland, Oregon, and heard about Powell's. It's a 4-story bookstore, and even sells used books. It was incredible!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.