Thursday, February 10, 2011

* Uptight, Twitchy & Disturbed *

First of all I'd like to thank my three newest followers: Aine Tierney, Marissar and Jan! Thank you so much. I hope you'll continue to stop by from time to time and enjoy what you see.

As I wrote in the previous post, my life has been crazy busy, and I was feeling a bit....agitated. I laughed at some of the synonyms Mircosoft Word 2010 offered for agitated: Uptight, twitchy and disturbed were my favorites! Just reading the word disturbed made my mind break into song... Gee, Officer Krupke from "West Side Story". See how I am?? My brain jumps from one subject to the next. I'm typing about life being crazy busy, and I start singing in my head!

The Wise, Witty & Wonderful Mr. Robert Brault left a comment on that previous post of mine: "Becky, You describe a thoroughly involved life that many would kill for. Enjoy it to the hilt. You can do as many do -- catch a few winks while driving." Well, then I'm sure I'm living an almost perfect life and I'm following my bliss. Thank you, Robert, for pointing that out to me.

One more thing. Yesterday morning, since I was already in the Land of Uptight, Twitchy & Disturbed, and I was talking to The Ronald while putting on my socks, I wasn't quite paying attention to what I was doing:

Oooh, my feet are so embarrassed!


"Before I speak, I have something important to say." -- Groucho Marx

10 comments:

  1. But please, Becky...Pull over to the side before you catch those winks! (ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you for the mention, Becky, and for the addition of my quote to your banner. Mother would be proud! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll get better soon! It won't be long and you'll have tried every roller coaster in the park, then you can take a nap and return to "normal" life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how Robert pointed out the positive. And I love how you laugh at yourself.

    (Don't feel bad. I once wore two different shoes! When I noticed I was too far away from home to go change. I spent the day in meetings hiding one foot behind the other. Hope no one noticed.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky,
    Be sure to take time for yourself. Love your sock wardrobe. I'm foot apparel challenged, too. Like Myrna, I've worn two different shoes to work. I didn't notice until I changed shoes in the gym (back when I worked out at lunchtime.)
    Oh, and what a reat quote from Robert Brault.
    Donna V.
    http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, that is awesome about what Robert said, because I was thinking the same thing about you last night (as I laid there awake for 3 hours) but I was thinking along other lines.

    My thoughts were, "But Becky, remember the old days when you were working in the office and didn't even know that you wanted to write yet? Look at the life you have created to accommodate your dreams! And you are so blessed to have The Ronald there to support them too."

    I love Janel's comment ... she's right, it won't go on forever!

    Remember what Jimmy says in Trying to Reason With a Hurricane Season:
    "And now I must confess, I could use some rest, I can't run at this pace very long. It's quite insane and it hurts my brain, but it cleans me out and then I can go on."

    Love ya, have a great weekend!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Becky! Love your socks. Variety, after all, truly is the spice of life (and socks!) ha! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. great socks. have someone in your car and if you begin to fasll asleep they have permission to slap your face. Just kidding. rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Socks? What wrong with them - I'll bet you have another pair that matches them.
    I only feel at loose ends when I know I have too much on my plate, so I just pass the platyter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I could see the picture, but I can just imagine from the way you described it! Hope things settle down for you soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.