Thursday, March 3, 2011

Book Cover - Title - Blurb

Book Blurb Friday #1 

I'm participating in a brand new meme, hosted by Lisa Ricard Claro over at Writing in the Buff. I'm pretty sure I understood this correctly, but if not, Lisa please let me know ASAP!

Lisa supplies a photo to be used as the book cover of an imaginary book. Those who participate are to give the book a title and to write a blurb of 150 words or less, in an attempt to entice readers to purchase the book.

       
Book Title: Beauty for Dummies

How would you like to have beautiful, long and lustrous eyelashes? What about perfect eyeliner and arched eyebrows? Beauty begins with the eyes and with the proper techniques and products, you can have those glamorous, celebrity-like eyes you've always dreamed of.

This book will show you, step-by-step, in easy to read directions, with photos and sketches, just how to get that particular LOOK you want. 

Chapters include: Where to buy colorful contact lenses. How much mascara to use for one special evening. What shade of foundation goes with your new eye color. How many layers of eye shadow should you apply.

These tips and MORE are included in this fabulous book, written and published by none other than make-up genius, Ms. Rocky Preston.
(123 Words)

21 comments:

  1. How clever you are Becky! I looked at that eyeball several times this week and couldn't get great ideas, and here you go and tackle non-fiction...good job!

    Thanks for your much needed comments on my blog today...made a difference for me this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love it! I had to get to you a roundabout way, though...the Mr. Linky link didn't work. It brought me to a blog sign-on page. Very odd. I'm not sure how to fix it from my end. Would you mind coming back to my blog and do the Mr. Linky again so others can be sure to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on a new meme. You set the bar high!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Becky, you inspired me to give it a shot... although let me tell you mine is very lame! And I have to figure out how to link up with Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, been away for awhile, your new meme sounds just awesome!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's wonderful! It's brilliant reading all the blurbs. My first thought was contact lenses but I couldn't come with something as good as this!
    Anything for a hazel eye.....?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Now that is so different to those I have read so far. Great stuff :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. That is amazing. I never even thought of going down the non-fiction route!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever, light and fun! How are ya chickie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! Clever approach, Becky. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky, that is great! A deluxe beauty how-to book. Very clever, I wouldn't thought of that.

    Have a great weekend. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an idea! She does have awfully pretty eyes...

    Something happened to my first comment so I came by way of Lisa's comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My comment took me to 'Create a blog' so . . .
    I was going to take the same approach as you but I'm so glad I didn't. Mine would not have stood comparison to yours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I have the answer, without even reading your book.

    Seventeen layers of eyeshadow is always appropriate.

    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky

    Oh well done! I would never have thought of the non-fiction route. You made a great job of selling it :)

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claudia, Lisa, dogsmom, Lynn, Nancy, Margo, Madeleine, Ellie, Mollye, Linda, Kathy, Chatty, Tammy, Susan, jabblog, Sioux, and Dominic! Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. This really was a fun challenge. After my initial thought of "I can't possibly do this!"...my blurb just began to write itself! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So clever! When I looked at it, I came up with an entirely different name and idea! Isn't it funny how different we all think? (No, I'm not entering the contest...just thinking of how many directions one can go with a single idea!) I really enjoyed your approach!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, gee, I hope while inspired you continue to write this book - my eyes could use some help. By the way - did you write while in the buff?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Betty and Mya! Thank you both so much! I really appreciate receiving comments and yours were both awesome!! Uh, no, I did not write while I was "in the buff"!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.