Sunday, March 6, 2011

* This 'n That on a Sunday Night *

A very busy, productive weekend, but not enough time to give it justice right now. In short.....

1)  Attended a writers workshop: Got some good tips & ideas, met new writers, saw writer friends.
2)  Did quite a bit of editing and some new writing.
3)  Actually made a dent in the mountain of laundry (for only 2 people...how does this happen?)
4)  Stopped and looked at dogs for adoption. Haven't found THE ONE yet, but at least I'm feeling ready to really open up my heart and home...again.
5)  Did a little singin' and dancin' around the house....just because it's fun and I love it! (and great exercise!)
6)  Bought some cool things at Michael's Craft Store for my Saturday Writers Door-Prizes-Goodies-Bag!
7)  Oh, one distressing incident: A very good friend of ours fell from his deck while working on it Saturday afternoon. Long story short, but he has broken bones in his face, extremely sore ribs, etc. Please keep him and his wife in your thoughts or prayers.....whichever you believe in.

Have a wonderful, blissful week everyone!

Hello and Welcome to my two newest members: Madeleine & Dominic! Thank for your wonderful comments and I hope you always enjoy your visits!


"Each friend represents in us, a world possibly not born, until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." -- Anais Nin

(I consider a friend both the 2-legged and 4-legged kind!)

15 comments:

  1. Aloha Becky,
    Yes, you definitely sound quite busy this weekend, but a good busy.
    Here on Oahu there was a puppy farm that got shutdown just recently; it was just awful, I cried. There were a few puppies like my Hoku and I wanted to just rush down there and save them.
    You're lucky to have Michaels' near you; we have none. When I do visit the continent, I definitely shop there.
    I wrote two more instructions for my sewing book. I figured that I should just write instructions on the tricks and shortcuts, then "gel" them later or I'll never get started on this book for my daughter. Hehehe.
    Be safe, be warm and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately sounds like a very busy weekend, but I'm glad you found time for some singing and dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better for the soul than singing, and no better exercise than dancing, in my opinion. You were a busy woman!Prayers for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive weekend! Congratulations. I worked on a "cougar" story Saturday, and actually made some headway, although it's a long way from being finished and the deadline is approaching...

    I'll see you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very busy lady! I hope he will be alright, that would be so painful and scary to fall like that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sure contrasts with mine. I did a lot of resting and wasn't too pruductive. So glad that you're ready to welcome another dog, that you're editing and writing and that you're singing and dancing (best therapy ever!). Hope your friend recovers well.

    I'm glad to be reading your posts again. Had to be absent for a while as life took over my time.

    Take care and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a busy gal.

    Love Anais Nin - she really seemed to get what I get - whatever that is. lol

    sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon your new dog will choose you. Wait and see. You accomplished a lot. Prayers for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds productive.

    Hope your friend feels better soon!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely blog!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy week,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, indeed, Becky, that sounds like a very productive weekend.

    I'm glad to hear that you are looking for another pooch. I know another one will never replace the one you lost, but it just gives another precious animal a chance to have a loving home.

    it's always great to get the laundry taken care of. I'm finishing up right now. Monday is my laundry day, and I get it all done then...then I don't have to look at it again for a week. Gives me a feeling of accomplishment.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quotes at the top of your Blog! I have just popped over from your comments on Chatty Crone's Blog, and will now follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful week, Becky! Personally, I'm a huge fan of dogs, so I hope you find the one who will become your 'new best friend.' Sorry to hear about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It feels good to get things done, doesn't it? I'm glad to see you're looking for another four-legged friend. So many of them need loving homes!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, busy, busy! My goodness, I hope that your friend is alright! And I LOVE the quote!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.