Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Blissfully "Normal" 24 Hours!

If you read my post of Friday, May 20th, you'll understand the "normal" I'm referring to. And yes, I'll write about it later. I just wanted to mention the joy I experienced yesterday....enjoying the beautiful sunny, summery day....sometimes out on my deck, but mostly looking out through the windows as I did the cleaning, organizing, rearranging...listening to music or the St. Louis Cardinals baseball game. I know that many of you will think I've truly lost my mind this time, but don't you ever take delight in those kinds of days? Believe me, it probably won't last very long, but my mood has already continued on today!

OK...the other thing is this: Please don't forget about my "200th Follower Contest." You have until midnight  (CDT) tomorrow night the 23rd of May. I'll announce the winner sometime on May 24th. ALSO, if you think you already commented on the link to enter, please go back and check. I know of at least one of those comments that got Lost in Outer Blogger Space. Fortunately, Lisa went back and checked!

Until later....Please remember:



"I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. It's amazing how it cheers one up to shred oranges and scrub the floor." -- D.H. Lawrence

12 comments:

  1. Becky I do get it! I have enjoyed some days where I just putter around the house and it does make me feel so good! I even cooked last night! I double checked and I did enter your giveaway! You know how much I love giveaways! Hoping your day today is also wonderful. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a day like that yesterday too. We actually ate a sandwich on the deck! Delightful! MOre rain coming but yesteray was pure BLISS.

    I am going to post on my blog soon about coddling eggs, Becky!

    Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your share, Becky. We all have those days ...

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky...Love, love, love putter-around-the-house days. Hope your Sunday has been good so far! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the beautiful weather yesterday too - I've been waiting for the sunshine and warm weather for a while!

    Hope today is just as nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're having a peaceful weekend. I'll bo back and check. I thought I did comment, but I'll make sure.

    Keep enjoying your good life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weekend was beautiful too. We went to a "weenie dog" festival yesterday and just enjoyed family time. Today I spent running around with my hubby. :) Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Becky, normal? Where's the fun in that??? :-)

    I ALMOST missed your blog contest. Almost, but not quite. There's always something fun going on over here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so very much! I did indeed have another wonderful day today, similar to yesterday's!

    (AND made it through another night of thunderstorms. I feel so badly for the people in Joplin, Mo, who had a horrible tornado this evening.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky,
    Just wanted to check in and make sure you are OK with those insane tornadoes whipping around!

    Glad you posted that you are OK!

    We have had rain non-stop all last week and today, too. I am craving some sun. I have much more energy on sunny days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a day like that on Saturday, perfect weather. Of course, being retired, all my days are like that, even when the sun's not shining. Great Lawrence quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I returned to calm on yesterday too, was able to sit outside and read. Simple pleasures make me happy.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.