Saturday, September 3, 2011

* Saturday Centus *

It's Saturday Centus time with Jenny Matlock. If you've never participated in this before, give it a try. It's really lots of fun!

Here's today's rules & prompt:

WORD COUNT - Up to 100 words AND the 7 words of the prompt (107 total maximum words - For those of you that want more words please feel free to link up multiple stories!)
STYLE OF WRITING - Any

USE A PICTURE IF YOU LIKE

THE PROMPT THIS WEEK IS: "what kind of a pizza is this"
My take on the prompt is below, coming in at 107 words.


He prepared a surprise, romantic dinner for me. Hmmm, my boyfriend wasn't much of a cook, at least that I knew of. Maybe he thought after an evening like this, I'd fall into his arms and do the thing he so wanted me to do.


As I stepped into his apartment, he steered me toward the table and pulled out a chair. I knew immediately what dinner was by the mouthwatering aroma rising from my plate to my nostrils.


"What kind of a pizza is this?", I uttered, breathlessly.


"It's your favorite, darling. Now, will you do that favor for me?"


"Oh, you bet I will ."

23 comments:

  1. Becky, I guess that old saying, "the way to a man's heart is his stomach" works both ways! If Rod ever offered to cook a dinner for me, I would look around to see if I was in the right house! Great take on the prompt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh, just like a guy to use a bribe to get what they want...even a pizza bribe!!!! Ha.

    Enjoy you weekend, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,

    This is great! Very crafty of that guy. After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I wonder how many women have done the same thing.

    Love it!

    Namaste.............cj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me you promised that you'd do the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some naughty pizza! Hi Becky, I've been very off and on with blogging and making the rounds - I alternate between high energy days and feeling exhausted. Waiting to move forward regarding selling our house is so draining, but on the positive side, the book is close to FINI! Sending you lots of hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been some pretty good pizza for you to have to do the dishes ;-) great post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun night all around:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. a real treat for pizza, glad to see you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hummmm just what is that thing Becky? :)~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky. Cute. I'm with Ames. Wanted to know what the thing was. And what about dessert? ha hah Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think she needs to hold out for something a little more substantial than pizza.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Sue. After all, maybe it was one of the 3-for-$10 frozen varieties of pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had some good homemade pizza, so maybe I'd promise favor unspoken for one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope his name wasn't Chuck E. Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the prompt. Did you at least get a backrub out of it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha. good thing you had to keep this PG rated. :) Cuz we all know where my mind likes to go. What?

    ReplyDelete
  17. that has to be one heck of an amazing pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone! I must say that my mind was leaning a bit more toward the PG-13 version....as some of you picked up on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How sweet this is!
    I really enjoy the fun romacne about this piece.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Bethe77! Thank you very much for stopping and leaving such a nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes! Anything! But yes, of course I will! Besides this being great I really enjoyed your quotes at the beginning especially about being "yourself again" they are very deep and reflective quotes well to read over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  22. He, he, he! What we will do for good food. Love it! I love exclamation points even more than you! laurie @ Battling My Inner Critic

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun! Love this creative little twist on the prompt!

    At least the guy believes in giving some value to his requests - ha!

    I enjoyed this a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.