Tuesday, June 12, 2018

* I SUBMITTED A STORY TO CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL! *

I'm so happy to announce that yesterday I submitted a story to Chicken Soup for the Soul, for their upcoming book about grandparents. It felt so good to write! 😃

I reworked and edited one of the grandparent chapters in my memoir.

They are looking for quite a few stories right now, so check it out! I know y'all can write about your favorite memories!  Book Topics

It will be months before I hear anything, but I'll certainly keep y'all posted. I'm keeping the faith.


I have to share a cute photo of Charlie. I caught him yawning....



and posted it on my Facebook page saying that writing is hard work, 
and it even makes Charlie tired just watching me! 😋


Have a great rest of the week!


12 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to hear your writing muse has returned - even if she is hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you EC! You and River are my bestest friends in Australia! Seriously, it's you and other blog friends who make me happy and want to achieve more in life...whatever that may be!

      Delete
  2. Hooray for writing! I hope your story gets included. What am I saying? Of course it will be!
    Charlie does look like he put in a lot of effort there, silent encouragement perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh River! You always make me smile or laugh out loud! I'm glad you are so convinced about my publication! I'll be sure and let you know!

      Delete
  3. Good for you.......I'm sure it will be a welcome addition to the 'Chicken Soup' line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks OSC! I hope the Chicken Soup for the Soul people agree with all y'alls thoughts! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you Becky. My fingers are crossed, but mostly I'm just glad you're writing. I know that's when you're happiest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Myrna! You really should check out their site. They're always looking for poetry, too, and you write beautiful poetry!

      Delete
  5. That's a cute picture. Dogs look so cute when they're sleepy, and actually, they look cute all the time. :) And good for you for submitting a story to the series! I read Chicken Soup for the Soul all the time when I was younger; I liked reading those stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Neurotic Workaholic! Yep, I love dogs and they do pretty much always look cute!! Thanks for the "good for you" about Chicken Soup for the Soul. They are amazing, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! It did feel good to write again. I'm also semi-working on a couple other stories for Chicken Soup! I'll let you know if I get any of them submitted :)

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.