Tuesday, June 26, 2018

* QUITE A FEW CHALLENGES *

You know how sometimes it seems like a lot of good things happen all at once?
No, me neither!

But, it does seem like challenges, crises, stressful situations kind of come in bunches. I'm going through some of those right now.

Charlie is getting surgery tomorrow morning to have a cyst removed and checked for cancer. (This is our first doggie to ever need surgery.)

My oldest son, Scott, has been going through A LOT for way too long and doesn't seem to think he needs help.

I've got some health issues that don't seem to be serious, but have been stressful and a bit worrisome.


Well....isn't this a cheerful blog post?!


I just felt the need to share these things tonight and to ask for well wishes/prayers/etc. I will post updates on Charlie as soon as possible, and on any other happenings concerning the above info.

And below are some favorite photos/jokes from long ago blog posts. 






14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that things have been challenging for you and your family, and I hope they get better soon. It's definitely nerve-wracking when your pet has to have surgery, especially because pets become part of the family; dogs in particular are so lovable. And I hope that your son accepts your help sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're certainly right about dogs being members of the family! Thank you for your kind and caring comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Mr. Stephen T. McCarthy!!! You must have ESP to stop by and leave a comment at this particular time. I was just searching for your blog last night, and couldn't remember the exact name of it. :( Isn't that pitiful?? I found your older ones, but not the Battle of the Bands. Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you know how much it means to me.

      Delete
  3. Praying for you and your family, my friend.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, poor Becky. Somedays the challenges do seem to come in droves. I hope yours (and your families) leave as quickly as they appeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, EC. My other son, Mark, is still waiting to hear about the Australia thing! THAT causes me all kinds of emotions....good and bad!

      Delete
  5. Charlie - and all of you are in my prayers, Becky. God knows the details!
    This is a great photo of you in front of that olden airplane; how my hubby loves vintage aircraft. I miss Hazel ... that was great TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mevely! Thank you so much. That's not the plane I flew in a few years ago, but I did get a ride in one like it. :)
      Oh, and Hazel is on one of the oldie tv shows channels. It's called Antenna TV. They show Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie and all kinds of good-ol-shows!

      Delete
  6. Wishes and prayers for you, Scott and Charlie are coming your way. Sending love and wishes for healing and peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie. What a beautiful comment.

      Delete
  7. Hope things get better. I know so many people who have family issues and health concerns. Prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.