Wednesday, July 17, 2019

* KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED *

Yesterday afternoon, after a long day at work (thank the Lord for air conditioning!), I received an email from Chicken Soup for the Soul that a story I submitted had made it to the first phase of their selection round! (It's a book about forgiveness.) Wow! I had a story accepted for one of their doggie books in 2017, but this soon for another one is surprising. (It was back in 2007 and 2008 that I had four stories accepted. As I've mentioned many times, I just can't get back into it very much.)

So, anyway, don't know when I'll hear for sure, but for now I'm honestly putting it out of my mind, which isn't difficult because I'm so forgetful anyway. Ha!

Oh, this isn't what I was eluding to in my July 9th post, either! 😃

~~~~

Speaking of books...I finally made it to the library today...BUT I forgot to take my list of books and authors I wanted to find. Duh. (I've been blaming my forgetfulness and other silliness on the effects of anesthesia, but that might be getting too old, so now I'm going with the excessive heat we're having and it's not supposed to end anytime soon.)

I did get three books. One from a familiar author that I like, Elizabeth Berg, and 2 others I haven't heard of: Tara Conklin and Dana Bate. (Oh and I dropped off a copy of my memoir for them to send to their "marketing department" or something like that.)

I finished Good Riddance a couple of days ago. It was typical Elinor Lipman, a fun, not profound, easy read.

~~~~


This photo makes me really happy, for various reasons...
I want to visit Switzerland and/or Austria so much some day, to see sites like this, 
AND it makes me feel I'm in a much cooler temperature! 

Stay cool or warm, depending on your part of the world!!


19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Chatty! I think we've mentioned this before to each other, and I'll definitely get a hold of you...if and when it comes along! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Congrats on making the first round! I agree that the heat is a good excuse lately for forgetfulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val! It is so cool to see you here again. I've really missed y'all!

      Delete
  3. Fingers and toes crossed.
    I hope your heat breaks soon. Heat(particularly when teamed with humidity) sucks my brains out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! I'm like you with the heat especially humidity! I like your way of describing what it does! LOL

      Delete
  4. Hi Becky!

    Its awesome that you are back! Blogging keeps us all connected. I've made so many online friends.

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nasreen! I'm very happy to be back.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know you were blogging again! When you post, mention it on FB, please. Otherwise I'll have to clue it's time to stop by.

    Congrats on the CS acceptance. I'm sure you're a shoe-in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat! Thanks about the CS....time will tell :)

      Delete
  6. Hello dear ones! I promise to reply to comments and visit some blogs this weekend! Bless you all ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope we both receive acceptances and can continue Teri's book signing event, Canned Food drive around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LInda. I contacted Teri and she said the canned food thing hasn't happened in a few years! The book stores she contacted weren't interested. I can't imagine why. Maybe I'll check with B&N. I still know people there....

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to hear your eye surgery went well. Vision is one of those things we tend to take for granted (Shame on us!) until there's a problem. I've had my share of eye surgery, too.

    Good luck with the Chicken Soup submission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Another fun person I'm happy to see here! I'm sorry you've had eye surgeries, too. I've learned to never take my eyesight for granted again. Thanks for the CS good luck!

      Delete
  9. I googled Murren Switzerland yesterday after seeing pics of it on someone's post. I know I'll never get to go but it felt great to look at info about it! Enjoy your day sweet lady! Happy to see you writing here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I sometimes get to "travel" to Europe by watching Rudy Maxa's and Rick Steves' programs. Gorgeous and entertaining!!

      Delete
  10. Good luck with your submission, BECKY!
    Wow! You weren't kidding when you said you'd been busy posting new stuffs to your blog. Didn't you get the memo that blogging is dead?

    Well, it's not completely dead, obviously. But it sure ain't what it used to be. Not even for me. To quote B.B. King: "The thrill is gone".
    :-)

    ~ D-FensDogG
    STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm enjoying posting which had been a chore every time I tried in the past few months...years! But yes it definitely isn't what it used to be, although I'm discovering many of my blog friends have kept going!

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.