Friday, January 17, 2020

* ROSIE'S CAN DO COOK BOOK *


Rosie's CAN DO Cook Booklet has been available for a while now, it is such a delight and selling like hotcakes! It's full of true stories about women during & shortly after WWII. Each short story comes with a recipe the author is familiar with, either by preparing, eating, or hearing about from relatives of those days.

It's such a bargain, too, at only $7.50 and with FREE shipping anywhere in the USA. What a great gift, especially for your mother, grandmother, aunts, etc. And of course, for yourself! (And don't forget about the older gentlemen in your life. They would surely enjoy reading the stories, possibly reminiscing about those days, and whipping up some of the recipes for themselves.)

It is sold on ETSY and I'm very proud to be part of it!














12 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to see a blog post from you! I sure do miss you.

    This looks like a great cookbook. I will definitely look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! Thanks so much! I have "lost" you! I got my Christmas card returned...Guess you moved and I forgot! THEN I also sent you an email that must be the wrong address, too! Please email me :)

      Delete
  2. Huge congratulations. For the Rosies of this world - and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky:
    Thanks for your post about our Rosie's CAN DO Cookbook. We love all the stories and recipes and it was fun surrounding these gems with WW2 posters and information about rationing, etc. We especially treasure your story about your mother and aunt and the great recipe for sugar cookies. I've done a lot of research about The Homefront but you included facts I had never come across before. The cookies, by the way, were yummy. Although I made them for the holidays, they would be great fun to cut out with a heart and share for Valentine's Day!
    --Matilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Matilda. I am proud to be part of it. I didn't get around to making my Christmas cut-out cookies, but will try your suggestion about Valentine's cookies! I'll include photos here, too.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a treasure for every cook, a staple for every kitchen. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I do consider it a treasure. My sister and cousin, who are mentioned in my story, were thrilled and surprised when they received the booklet in the mail. :)

      Delete
  5. This is really cool Becky. Congratulations. You're really getting around the literary world. Wow. i love that you remain passionate to your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myrna! Thank you so much. You're always so sweet.

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous gift idea. Will definitely keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Buttercup! Thanks so much for commenting! It really is a cute booklet and on such great quality paper.

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.