Wednesday, January 22, 2020

* THOUGHTS ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON *


Recently, I've scrolled through my blog looking at photos I posted, and the topics I wrote about. 
And I gotta say, I wrote some pretty darn good blog posts! 😀

It almost makes me sad that those days are gone now, for me anyway, 
and I can't seem to get back into it.

Some people are still blogging just as much as they did long ago. 
I noticed most of my posts were done from 2009 to 2013.

Those were the years I was so passionate about writing; Working to get my memoir completed. Submitting stories here and there for possible publications. 
And the beginning of some wonderful relationships with blog friends. 
Many I still have. Many I need to work on.

I did complete my memoir and published it in November 2013. 

A lot has happened between then and now. Some good, some bad. Some happy, some sad. 

Here it is...the year 2020! That really does sound odd, doesn't it? 

I don't make bucket lists or predictions or promises, but I can say this...
I'm going to do everything in my power to live this year, the best I can.




And this guy here, who is smiling, brings me happiness every single day. 

"Charlie's the name. Bringing joy is my game!"





To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

10 comments:

  1. I loved your memoir! I'm glad you worked so hard to write it and get it published.

    No matter how often you blog, I am always happy to see an update from you show up in my blog feed. I, too, used to blog more often "back in the day." Blogging was more personal back then, and I had a lot of blog friends. Many of them have gone the way of Instagram now.

    I love Charlie! He's a cutie! I know how much love those furry friends bring to our lives!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Patti! I appreciate your kind words about my memoir. I really am proud of myself for getting it written and published, for myself and family, if nobody else! I know a lot of blog friends are on Facebook now, too. I'm on there way too much and I keep saying it's a "love-hate relationship." I have begun to just check it once in awhile and not for hours! And yes, Charlie has brought so much joy to us!

      Delete
  2. I am always glad to see another post from you. Love your non resolution. I hope to do the same.
    Charlie DOES look as if he brings joy everywhere he goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! Yes...non resolutions are the way to go! :)
      And Charlie surely is the best!

      Delete
  3. Yes. It's incredible that 2020 is already here... also that I'm getting pretty old.
    But your quote inspires me to keep living as fully as possible. I know you do. Hope this year brings us more happy than sad times.
    That picture of Charlie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myrna! This year I'm finally beginning to feel "pretty old" too! And I don't like it! But as they say, we can't do anything about it. And thank you for the good wishes. I wish the same for you.

      Delete
  4. Aw, I want to reach inside my monitor and {{{HUG}}} Charlie's neck! So glad you've posted again in an upbeat tone. Another blogger shared a quote this morning that I really like: *The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.* *Richard Bach* Like Nike used to advise, let's 'Just Do It"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mevely! Thank you! So happy to see YOU here, too! I'm coming back to my "old"...no, make that "previous"...self! And yes, Charlie does that to a person...you just want to love on him forever and ever.

      Delete
  5. Those were the days. I look back on some of my posts and am impressed with my writing self, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I remember hearing years ago about publishing our blogs like a book...but I think it cost a small fortune. I should look into it...I'd leave the photos out, if they cost a lot more! :)

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.