Wednesday, March 31, 2010

** Definitely Trying **

As Janel recently informed me when commenting on a previous post, "you can write anything, including fiction, if you try".....I'm finding that to be true! Yes, I wrote my little heart out yesterday, last night, early into the a.m. this morning, and just now e-mailed my story for the Gemini Magazine short story fiction contest! Yay! I did it! And no matter what, I'm darn proud of myself and of my story, and nobody can take that away from me! Woo-Hoo! It's quite exhilarating dahhhlings! And if nothing else, what a fabulous writing lesson.
The contest ends TODAY, but I think it's a great one to go for. The entry fee is only $4.00 and the rules are wide open. Head on over to their site and submit something!

In the midst of all this and while taking a break, a twelve-word story popped into my head for the Dirty Dozen Contest and I sent that off, as well! I'm on a Fictional Roll.....And if I know me, and I really, really do....I'd say that roll has cinnamon sugar on it! : D









Okay, you gotta remember, I haven't slept much in the past 12 hours!!





"Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep." -- Fran Lebowitz

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, cinnamon rolls. Yum! :)

    Glad you liked my comment. It is a version of one of my motherly commandments that I tell my kids. You may not be able to master everything, but you can TRY to do everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Becky. Hope your essay gets published! Keep on writing! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Good luck on the contests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed so hard at this! You might have been exhausted, but this post is so YOU!!! And sounds like you are definitely on a sweet roll! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, gee thanks, mom!! Uh..I mean Janel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks, Susan...but I know the odds are against me. It's just great to "try" as Janel said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Pat! It's great to have writer friends who support each other!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Thanks, Tammy! Yep, you know me! I'm a pretty crazy kind of gal, even when I'm not punchy-tired! :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting the writing done you wanted to do, Becky. It is a good feeling isn't it when you can set a goal and then reach it. Makes you feel like you've accomplished something. Good luck in the contest I hope you win!

    My rolls all have cinnamon and sugar on them too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a swell idea to try something different-break up the routine, so to speak. So tomorrow, I'm having a sweet roll instead of Special K. Um, wait-I was talking about writing, wasn't I? :-)

    Good luck! Oh, and thanks for pointing me to Six Questions blog-you can never have enough insider info.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Daisy! Yes, I felt very good about getting that written and my wonderful writer friend, Tammy, read it and really liked it, which I always take as a good sign!! So glad we share the cinnamon roll gene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss Cathy C.! As always, you crack me up!! And you are welcome on the "Six Questions" blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.