Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Best Laid Plans.....

I arrived back home yesterday afternoon from my writer's get-away. All I can say is, although the condo was wonderful and the view was spectacular....I didn't get any writing accomplished. The reasons are varied, of which I won't go into. As life sometimes goes, our best laid plans take major detours without our consent.
It wasn't a total washout. I spent a few hours with two of my favorite "cousins", a friend of theirs, and a beautiful black lab. That alone made the trip worthwhile! And although I didn't accomplish what I intended, I had quite an adventure, and learned some things about myself, too.

What matters most is that we learn from living.”Doris Lessing

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes that happens. Go with the flow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps your reasons for not writing will eventually be fashioned into a story. And personal insights can only benefit you as a writer, so. . .your getaway was a success! We writers love to write so much that we often forget that a big part of writing isn't writing at all; it is living, and soaking it in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time well-spent with cousins and having an adventure along the way sounds like it was worth it to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky...I'm with Lisa. I think you will eventually write about your getaway and all you learned from it. Welcome back! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote!! I just started writing after a month of not writing--it will come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No experience is ever wasted, so although what you intended wasn't accomplished, I'm sure many other things were.

    You have a great attitude.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes, life sometimes does that to our plans - what's important is that you learned a bit abut yourself and had a good time nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol ~ I usually am pretty good at going with the flow, but I was really disappointed and angry at myself for not producing ANYTHING! Thanks for the encouraging words!

    Hi Lisa ~ Thank you! As I read all the comments, I began to feel better!

    Hey Daisy ~ Thanks! You're right!

    Hi Susan ~ Thanks! And also for the Welcome Back!

    Hi Terri ~ Oh, yes, I know you've been struggling, too. I've been reading your blog. Sometimes it's a good thing to just forget about writing for awhile and concentrate on other talents and things we enjoy doing! Glad you like the quote and that you're writin again.

    Thanks, Patti! You're always so sweet!

    Hi Estrella! Yes, I think I'm too hard on myself and expect (sometimes) too much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.