Sunday, July 18, 2021

* GREEN KITTY EXPLANATION *

Okay...here is the explanation about Green Kitty's name! (At that time, various stray cats were coming to our front porch to eat food we put out for them, and some of them liked it so much they hung around a lot.) The other cats/kitties that visited much be feral cats because they've never let us get very close to them. We have a new little family that we're trying to get close and pet them, because they are adorable and we'd love for them to be adopted.)

Ron and I gave all the stray kitties various names so we'd know who was who! The guy below is Green Kitty. Then there was White Socks because he was mostly all black except for white on all four legs, that looked like socks. 

Also, grey striped kitty.

Black and White kitty.

Etc.

Another visitor! We call this guy Green Kitty, because of his tiny green collar with a tiny bell. We found out he had an owner who moved away...and just left him!


This was taken in April. We took him in soon after that.
He is so much fun! Ron and I are amazed we have a kitten in our house

Oh, and we bought him a new green collar !

P.S. So, this is why I mentioned to Stephen T. that he would never guess about the name! :)

10 comments:

  1. Hiss and spit at Green Kitty's previous owners. I am so glad that he found you. We had a cat who rejoiced? in the name WhiteCat. He had been coming around for a while before he finally moved in. We had spent so long saying ' the white cat is back' that the name stuck. He didn't hold our lack of originality against us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sue! I love your White Cat story! When I posted about Green Kitty on my Facebook page, someone commented their anxious to hear what we name him...but his name is Green Kitty! We either call him that, or just Kitty when we talk about him, or call him. (Ron and I both sometimes call him Charlie, which brings some sad feelings, but also grateful because we believe Charlie had something to do with sending Green Kitty to us.)

      Delete
    2. PS: When WhiteCat moved in, he was so hungry (and so used to being hungry) that when he had eaten his meal he also ate the newspaper that the cat's plate rested on. By the time he left us (years later) he would only eat 'people' tuna and rejected avocado that had brown bits.

      Delete
  2. I love this story because I love hearing about human’s kindness to animals. Green Kitty is such a lucky cat. It’s so nice that she brings you joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Myrna! Never in a million years did I think Ron and I would own a cat, and love having neighborhood kitties around, too!

      Delete
  3. Those kitties willprovide so much entertainment. Bless you for taking them and finding homes and loving them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! They all do entertain us! Have I mentioned there are a couple of calico cats that hang around? A momma and a kitty. SO cute!

      Delete
  4. BECKY-O! ~

    Well, dang it all to helck!
    You stole my thunder!!

    "You call him Green Kitty because you found him wearing a tiny green collar with a tiny bell" was going to be my SECOND GUESS!

    The ONLY reason you revealed the true story was because you intuitively knew that I was SO CLOSE to revealing it to everyone myself!

    Bad Becky-O!
    BA-AAA-D BECKY-O!!

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I love it when you stop and make comments, Stephen T. You always crack me up! :)

      Delete

I'm still getting quite a few spam comments that are Anonymous, so I'm trying "User with Google Accounts." If anyone tries to comment that I know, and it won't let you, send me an email, okay? Thanks so much.